Sunday, February 26, 2012

sometimes, things just don't go the way you want.


So, I applied for a teaching internship for next fall. The interviews were on Friday and I was completely calm and collected until about an hour before the interview. Then, of course, I was a complete basket case. But I made it through anyway and I guess it went as well as it could have. I got a phone call about an hour later and the lady was all super nice until... "unfortunately...
I didn't get it.

And I'm pretty okay with that. I feel like I had prepared myself and kind of expected that answer. I think people are a little concerned with my lack of disappointment, I guess. And it's not that I'm not disappointed, I really wanted it! My stomach dropped and I wanted to cry a little. But I think that this is for the best. It doesn't mean I'm not capable, but I probably do need to prepare a little more before I'm thrown out there. And it just wasn't meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment