"Don’t be too fat, or too thin, or too dark, or too light; don’t be too sexual, or too chaste, or too smart, or too dumb. Be yourself. But make sure you fit in." {one tree hill}
Life can seem a little hard sometimes when you've got things coming from all angles telling you how to be. Not only is society putting all this pressure on you to be a certain way with advertisements, actresses, television, movies, songs.. but you still have the expectations of your family, friends, and other people who feel like they need to butt in on the way you live your life as well.
I'm very much a people pleaser. I hate disappointing people and if someone I care about has high expectations of me, I feel like I have to live up to it. And it's exhausting. And it sucks that this is the world that we live in. And in all reality, you just can't please everyone. It's like you're supposed to be in this perfect happy medium that just doesn't exist. If you have curves, you need to lose some weight, but if you do that then you have an eating disorder. Some girls are never going to be a size 2, and some girls are just naturally that thin. Be skinnier, have longer hair, wear make-up but look natural, be more outgoing but don't be annoying, be more trendy but don't try too hard, be more friendly but don't be fake. Why not just do whatever the heck you want and just be you? You can't be what everyone wants you to be, because in reality- you're just going to be a pretty crappy, unhappy version of yourself.
I'm very much a people pleaser. I hate disappointing people and if someone I care about has high expectations of me, I feel like I have to live up to it. And it's exhausting. And it sucks that this is the world that we live in. And in all reality, you just can't please everyone. It's like you're supposed to be in this perfect happy medium that just doesn't exist. If you have curves, you need to lose some weight, but if you do that then you have an eating disorder. Some girls are never going to be a size 2, and some girls are just naturally that thin. Be skinnier, have longer hair, wear make-up but look natural, be more outgoing but don't be annoying, be more trendy but don't try too hard, be more friendly but don't be fake. Why not just do whatever the heck you want and just be you? You can't be what everyone wants you to be, because in reality- you're just going to be a pretty crappy, unhappy version of yourself.
Truth is- some people aren't going to like you. You don't like everyone, so how can everyone like you? Some people just don't click with each other. And that's okay. If people in your life really care about you, they'll understand that you've gotta do stuff for you. You've got to take time for yourself. You've got to live your own life, your own way. If they get pissed that you're not living up to their expectations of you.. they'll get over it. You've got to live up to your own expectations. And how is society ever going to change if everyone keeps following what they tell us? "I don't know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby.
So... I'm Chelsey.
I'm definitely not a size 2, or even a 5. (and I probably never will be).
I'm definitely not a size 2, or even a 5. (and I probably never will be).
I don't like parties, or big groups of people.
Just because I'm quiet sometimes doesn't mean I'm rude or ornery. I promise.
I curse like a sailor.
I don't really know what I believe in, but I definitely do believe in God,
and I want a tattoo. So, there you go.
No comments:
Post a Comment