Sunday, August 26, 2012

new chapters

So I'm sitting here, on the eve of the first day of school... Of my last year of college. While everyone else I go to school with is jumping for joy and yelling out in excitement (don't get me wrong, I give a little excited "yippee" and fist pump of joy as well) I am just sitting there mostly scared out of my friggin' mind. Last year of college. Last year of good excuses for having a crappy job and as little responsibility as possible. Last year of it being acceptable to still live at home. Then it's off to the "real world" and having a "real job" and all that other super duper exciting crap.
As I've mentioned before.. this is a big year. I mean, maybe it's not as big as I'm thinking its going to be but I am seriously freaked about finishing college. I will definitely be starting a new chapter of my life. And as I've been slowly packing up my room to- wait for it!- move out I've had a few realizations over the last few weeks.

1. I am, in fact, 22 years old and not 19. I need to get out of the mindset that I am still around high school aged.
2. Where the heck did the last five years of my life go? I mean, it's been the quickest five years of my entire life. Most of it is a blur (and not a college-partying-drunken-blur), and I don't know where the time has gone. Maybe that's why I don't feel as grown-up as I should.
3. I am only 22. I don't have to have it all figured out right now. I need to take chances, make mistakes, and be a little more impulsive. There's so many things that could happen and so many opportunities that I can have and no matter how much I try to plan out my life, I can pretty much guarantee that it won't go according to plan.
4. I actually can make my dreams come true, and I am pretty much the only one who can. I need to take control of my own life.
5. It may seem like I won't make it through this year of school, but a year from now it'll be worth it.

So here's to finishing out this chapter of my life and working towards a new one.

1 comment:

  1. i love you chels. i can feel ya in some of those. love to read your writing :) you will be amazing at all you do in life.

    Love, Hayes

    ReplyDelete